From Gellért Hill to Bartók Béla Avenue: A Perfect November Walk

On Sunday afternoon, my mother and I decided to head up Gellért Hill and take a stroll around the 11th district. I brought along my M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8 lens to capture the beauty of the autumn colors. From the top of the hill, the view was just stunning, and even though it was pretty cold, with our hats and scarves on, the walk felt really pleasant. The Citadella is still under renovation, but the Liberty Statue might soon be visible without scaffolding.

The setting sun reflected off the Liberty (Szabadság) and Elizabeth (Erzsébet) bridges, and the clouds turned all kinds of colors. The Mol Campus stood out against the skyline, and I could even spot the giant Ferris wheel in the distance. The historical landmarks of Budapest, like the Inner-City Parish Church (Budapest-Belváros Nagyboldogasszony Főplébánia-templom), St. Stephen's Basilica, and the old residential buildings framed the scene, adding a timeless touch to the cityscape, creating a beautiful contrast with modern sites like the Bálna or the National Athletics Centre.

Like us, many others had also chosen a walk as their Sunday activity, and at Jubilee Park, we spotted a few dogs playing together. We stopped to watch as they ran and chased each other in the grass, enjoying the fresh air, and then continued our walk, strolling down Bartók Béla Avenue, where we grabbed a quick dinner at McDonald's. I really enjoyed the view from the window, looking out over Móricz Zsigmond Square. I watched the trams coming and going, the lively city life around me, as the sun slowly set. On the way back home, I couldn’t help but notice the display of the Pagony bookstore (Bartók Pagony) from across the street. Its display was so enchanting, with the tiny houses and the Ferris wheel, that I just had to take a photograph.

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Visitors: My Bird-Friendly Garden

Urban Curves and Lines: The Samyang Fisheye in Action