Urban Curves and Lines: The Samyang Fisheye in Action
As a photography lover, I’m always on the lookout for lenses that offer unique perspectives and creative possibilities. That's why I added the Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye lens to my collection, and while I don’t carry it everywhere, it never fails to impress me with its performance when I do use it. I bought it secondhand, and it arrived in almost perfect condition. It’s quickly become one of my favorite tools for shooting urban architecture, and I’ve captured some truly striking images with it.
The fisheye lens is all about dramatic, wide-angle distortion. Despite being a manual focus lens, I’ve found it incredibly easy to work with, and the results speak for themselves. One of the first things I noticed was its slightly yellowish color cast. It’s subtle, but it definitely gives the images a warm, vintage feel, which contrasts beautifully with the sharp lines and geometry of buildings, making the images pop in a way that feels both cinematic and timeless.
One of the places where this lens really stands out is in the heart of big cities, especially places like Frankfurt am Main. Frankfurt’s skyline, with its towering skyscrapers and modern buildings, is the perfect backdrop for the Samyang fisheye lens. The wide 180° field of view lets me capture the full scale of a building, bending the straight lines and highlighting the curves in a way that makes the images feel more dramatic. The result? Some truly stunning shots that capture the city’s unique vibe in a way you wouldn’t get with a regular lens.



.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)